Friday, January 3, 2014

Our New Year's Eve Bash!!

The big kids celebrated New Year's Eve with their friends as most teenagers do, so the little kids and I decided to have ourselves a fun little party.  I really didn't think they could stay up til midnight because we are really scheduled with bedtime and go at 9:00 every night.  I kept them busy though and they made it.  We had sooo much fun!!


I set up balloons for every hour or half hour with activities in each one! The first one, 6:00 was take a fun bath!

I set up a fun bubble bath in each bathroom with glow sticks and 10 New Year's Babies to find in the bubbles.  We had just watch Rudolph's New Year so they new about the baby!



7:00 Decorate our New Year's Cake.  I  pre baked a cake with new year babies in it.  Who ever got one when we ate a piece would have good luck all year.  







Ally found a baby!

Dakota did too, gonna be a good year!

8:00 make a handprint New Year's picture

I forgot to take an after picture, but when they dried we added the year on their hands and Happy New Year to the top!

Ally left all the popping to Dakota, I think it scared her, so she read all the notes in them!  9:00 Dress up and have a glow stick dance party!

We dressed up, Dakota choose to be Thomas.  I even put on an old prom dress!  We turned on some Pandora dance, turned off the lights and had a blast!!





9:30 Scavenger Hunt

My kids LOVE this, we do it for every holiday. I made cards with clues that lead them to the next clue and at the end a small prize!










The last clue was Mommy is cold and needs a blanket!  They found the prize in the linen closet.  Glow grow animals and poppers for midnight!

10:00 Play Games

They choose Candyland which we played 3 times!

They were getting really silly as they are not used to being up this late!


We made this cube on one of our fun days last year and it is still a hit in our house.  It has silly things to do on each side and you roll it and do what it says!

11:00 Fireworks in a jar

This was really neat, but the kids added too much food coloring at once.  You simply fill a jar 2/3 the way with water. Place a little oil in the top, about a 1/2 inch and then let them drop the food coloring in.  The dots stay on the oil for a minute, then come crashing down into the water. They loved it!





11:30 Fizzy countdown

I am always looking for different ways to incorporate the old baking soda and vinegar.  I gave them medicine cups with baking soda and vinegar with food coloring in a dropper.  They set them all off for a countdown to New Year and then dumped them all in and had one big fizz!!





I was going to do the neat cotton candy and sprite drink, but I accidentally got cotton candy bubble gum, so it didn't work!!

So we toasted with tea and milk instead!!


A game of chutes and ladders, can you tell little man is tired!

Look how red his eyes were and his lazy eye was being very lazy!

We had about 20 minutes until midnight, so I picked a very hard 100 piece puzzle to keep them busy!  We finished it with 2 minutes until midnight which was exciting!

The midnight balloons were filled with tiny stars!!


We also had a balloon drop, I had taken a garbage bag and filled it with balloons, taped it to the ceiling and tied pull strings to the bottom.  They did it so fast I didn't get a pic.  We then popped our poppers and hugged and went straight to bed!  We had a wonderful fun filled New Year's Eve!!  Gonna be a great year! 2014 here we come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment