Monday, March 18, 2013

Our Simple Spectacular Saturday

Saturday morning as I was going over my long list of chores to do, I realized how beautiful it was outside.  I forgot about my list and told the kids to get dressed we were going outside.  I grabbed my camera and we headed out. 




They put on their hats and were ready to go.  That silly hat Dakota has on is a trip.  He wore it to the movies once!

 We brought out the bubbles, balls, and bikes and had a blast just playing around.






Next we spun around and around the front yard until we fell, played ring around the roses, and danced.




Trying to think of something super fun I said "Ah, Let's make mudpies!!"  Dakota yelled, "I know how to make mud, you pee in the dirt!"   So ofcourse we all laughed and then I told him the correct way to make mud is with the water hose and the mudpie making began!

She freaked out because she had mud on her leg!!



Their first time ever making mudpies!!
 Three days later and my list of to do's is still there, but I don't regret putting that list down one bit!!  We had such a fun, ordinary, unplanned, unforgettable day!!  Sometimes we just need to slow down and just be!

Maddie was outside with us, but she refused to have her picture taken.... sigh.....preteens!!  







No comments:

Post a Comment