Friday, June 14, 2013

BIKE DAY

It's here our first themed day this summer!!! We woke up singing duna duna duna duna BIKE DAY(sung to the tune of Batman theme song).  The kids were sooo excited as was I!



We started off with a silly story Duck on a Bike that I read while they were eating their breakfast.



After breakfast and hearing the rules of BIKE DAY(no whining,fighting, tattling, crying, or complaining) they received their driver's license.  I took an index card and put a picture of them and their info and then used packing tape to laminate them.  Thanks to my wonderful step mom for this idea. She has been doing it for years!!




Next the kids took their bikes to the service department to fill them up with gas and give them a tune up to make sure they were ready to go for the big BIKE DAY!






I installed a playing card to make it sound more tough!!


Next we took a racing flag and played Stop and Go.  The kids and I took turns being the flag holder.  We would jump in front of the bikers and yell Stop and ask to see their driver's license or something silly like wiggle your nose.  Then Go and they could go on their way.  They loved this game!!!




By this point we were pretty hot, so they rode their bikes through the drive thru(aka Dad's garage) to get snacks and drinks.  They took turns being the clerk.


Next up was tightrope.  I took sidewalk chalk and drew a curvy line they had to follow and stay on.



Next up to the body shop for new paint jobs.  They LOVED painting their bikes!!



We put lots of paint on the wheels so when they rode around they make paint tracks!!



Next up was mud riding.  We pulled out the water hose and made our on mud bog. Dakota enjoyed this part alot more than Ally!!


After the paint and mud mess they went through the drive thru car wash.  The took turns holding the hose while the other went through.  This also turned into about an hour of hose play.  They loved playing water hose limbo!!



Now it was time to scrub their bikes. I used their cleaning buckets and filled them with soap and water and they went to town scrubbing.




Next it was lunch time while their bikes dried in the sun.  I made bicycle lunches.  Not my best fun food work I admit, but hey a bicycle is hard to make.  I used circle cookie cutters to make the wheels and edible markers to draw on the spokes.  I used beef jerky for the frame and a Cheetos's for the seat.  The kids loved them anyway!!


While the kids ate lunch, I set up an obstacle course. I just used items that they had to go around.  I stuck flags in the ground they had to grab.  They had to get off their bikes and bounce a ball around a barrel. Last they had to go around some Styrofoam cups that I had filled with rocks.  They also enjoyed running over them when they were tired of the doing the course.







Last bike activity of the day was to decorate the bikes for the Bike parade.  We tied balloons on the back and tied streamers all around. I had some leftover bandannas from a birthday party that they put on.  They rode around singing the BIKE DAY song and had me clap for them.






This was an awesome day that I will never forget.  BIKE DAY RULES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment